Choosing a minor field of study is optional. A minimum of 15 semester hours of separate identifiable semester credits must be earned for each minor that is declared. The same course may not be used in a major and a minor or among multiple minors unless the course is a required course (not part of a “select” area) in both the major and the minor or among multiple minors.
- CS 122 IT Infrastructure (4 credits)
- CS 140 Introduction to Programming (4 credits)
- CS 206 Computer Architecture (4 credits)
- CS 213 Operating Systems (4 credits)
- IT 311 Networking (4 credits)
- Additional course from IT required or IT elective courses 3-4
- CS 102 is a prerequisite for CS 122
- Math 115 is an additional prerequisite for CS 206, CS 213 and IT 311
Ready For More?
Request more info now.
Request Information Today
Explore Your Program
See course descriptions for your minor.
Keep up with registration deadlines, session dates, holiday breaks and exam schedules.
Learn about the resources available in Career Development.
UIU Locations for Minor in Information Technology
We’re ready to help you every step of the way.
Academic Support Services
Providing resources to support you through your classes.